Monday 27 December 2010

Just got into the studio for a couple of hours. I am working on three canvases from the new canvas that arrived before Christmas from Bird and Davies. Top quality Linen. Trying not to have any pre conceived ideas of what I am painting and just paint and have fun, Certainly not paint regionally or locally which is always on my mind to paint.,thats St Ives and Cornwall etc...  Its always a struggle finding subject matter and pretty much always what I think I`ll paint the brush has other ideas. So let it out and have fun . Then struggle because it`s not what you thought.   Often its rubbish and you have to climb out of the pit which is the bit I really love .When theres knowhere to go but up! .Thats when the majic happens.You are at your keenest  because something has to happen! .You have to rescue the mess and make something out of nothing and that inner urgency wakes you up and stirs you into action.        Cool stuff painting !

No comments: