Monday 13 September 2010

Feeling better today.The inflammation has stopped and I feel stronger. thanks to Methylprednisolone, a powerful steroid. Been on these for the last 4 days my last one tonight then regular dose steroids for a few months. The good news is I went in the studio and did an hour. Very pleased this nasty disease has been stopped. I went for a swim with Lorraine today. Walked in with crutches dragging myself in. We bought a toggle to keep me afloat and went for it. I was concerned the Toggle woudn`t support me. Its like a buoyant snake shaped thing or if I let go I would sink could I save myself. Tentatively I got in with Lorraine and the lifeguard watching me keenly it was fine . I went into the deep area and let go and managed to swim on my back and I could keep my self afloat with my arms giving my arms exercise .Cant kick my legs to well but enough to propel me. I have to say I felt wonderful I love swimming for me it is the elixir of life even before I got ill I have always been a keen morning swimmer.

No comments: