Saturday 29 August 2009

Feathers


Often when a painting is left for a day or so or longer you can see how it can be improved. Just small touches that are missing and can make all the difference. You cant see these flawes because you are so engrossed in the work so some time put between it and you is useful. So, thought I would add a finishing touch to the Cornish Choughs by putting in some feathers.
There is an oil painting called `boy and a bird cage`by William Scott in Brighton Pavillion Gallery with a boy and a caged but free bird . When I lived in Brighton I use to go and see this picture alot and whenever I have painted birds I have tried to paint them as good as William Scotts bird, but I have never managed to do it. This picture is a mouthdroppingly well composed image both in structure and colour.

No comments: